NYHIST-L Archives

September 2000

From:
Mary Hotaling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 09:01:42 -0400
The following information is from Ed Hotaling, a journalist and historian
with a special interest in Saratoga Springs.
Mary, re the newsmen's race.
The Columbian Expo was the big one, but not the only Chicago Fair.
The New York Press was a newspaper around the turn of the century.  It was
absorbed by the New York Sun in about 1916.
Ham Doney was indeed a news dealer-- on Putnam Street.
There are fine newspaper collections on microfilm in the New York Public
Library, Albany Public Library, Library of Congress and American Antiquarian
Society in Worcster, Mass., among other institutions.
Good luck to your correspondent.