NYHIST-L Archives

January 2003

From:
HistorianCindyA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 19:02:33 -0500
Maybe it means AKA in your case.  "Also Known As"

Meaning he is known as Hudson Leverrett or John Leverrett.  One could be his middle name which he uses in everyday and one his legal name.  As an abstractor I still see this kind of thing in legal documents.  None of the people are criminals, they just have to account for all the names the person is known by.  Sometimes even nicknames are added if the person commonly uses it instead of his legal name.

--
Cindy Amrhein
Town of Alabama Historian