NYHIST-L Archives

October 2005

From:
Peggie Longwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 1 Oct 2005 08:13:28 -0700

 Suzanne-
I would also recommend a good scanner to record snippets of paper work that
can be saved to a cd-rom.
I have recorded cemeteries here in Baker County and pu the photos on a cd
rom-at the time I made them I had to do a separate recording for each
tombstone and it became very  time consuming, not to mention confusing at
times to get the reading with the photos. A digital cam will erase that
problem entirely:<) Ain't technology great!!! Just check with a few sample
if you decide to use it for copying written pages that can't be touched-the
camera's eye and what you see in the viewer may not be exactly the same if
the lens is offset from the center of the camera. My new one is that way and
it's a pain to try to allow for that discrepancy when shooting a kid's
football game. BUT mine is NOT a camcorder, just a camera that can make
videos too. I have not played with digital camcorders.  So that may not be a
problem.
I wish you good fortune with this project.
I have been gone from my beloved Orange County for 40 years and I miss it as
much today as I did all those years ago.
Peggie in Baker County OR

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.