NYHIST-L Archives

July 2000

From:
Linda Crannell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 10:20:43 -0500
I think one thing we need to remember is the fact that in Europe only the
eldest son inherited substantially. Younger sons may have migrated because
that was the only way they were going to acquire land holdings for
themselves. Is it naive to assume that that may have increased migration ...
not only to American, but even as a part of the westward migrations once
here?

Thanks,
Linda