NYHIST-L Archives

August 1998

From:
Bonnie Glickman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 11:41:16 -0700
Gerard M Freeman wrote:

> If I missed thanking anyone off list please accept my thanks for
> assistance in this matter. Because of the many good responses I'll have
> enough to keep me busy for quite a while. Thanks again.

I missed the first part of this thread, so forgive me if this is
redundant... I was telling a friend about the info exchange here
regarding the Loomis Gasg, and she said that she'd recently been up to
the Old Forge area and had taken the train ride out of Thendara - They
had a "train robbery" by the Loomis Gang as part of the "entertainment".

She said there were also "dance hall girls" - that's not authentic, is
it?  I picture them as 1849 Gold Rush/Caliornia and later... Any ideas
there?

One of my other (too many!) interests is trains - The rides are a
great way to teach history to a captive audience!  Have any of you been
on the Adirondack RR?  Newark Valley?  I think the Attica & Arcade is
closed down due to a bridge washout during the recent flooding.  (BTW,
history is about to be made - it's three weeks until CSX takes over
Conrail here in Upstate!!)

TTFN, Bonnie Glickman   Rochester NY