From:
Jim Corsaro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 08:39:40 -0400
The original census from which Kenneth Scott made his transcription is in
the Van Rensselaer Manor Papers here. I discovered it a number of years
ago and had it restored as it suffered damage in the Capitol Fire of 1911.
We have also made a photocopy of the original for researchers to use and
to minimize further damage to the original. It has not been microfilmed
yet. If you would like a microfilm made, please inform me and I will have
a cost estimate done for you.

Whether it was done at the same time as the Federal census is something I
do not know, but sometime in the next week or so, I will see what I can
find out and let you know.

Jim Corsaro

James Corsaro
Associate Librarian