NYHIST-L Archives

December 1999

From:
David Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 11:12:38 -0500
     Some you you may want to take a look at my latest production, the "New York
State Map Pathfinder."  The pathfinder consists of links to approximately 200
digital images of maps of New York State, or of areas within the state.  The
pathfinder is a lightly edited version of another pathfinder generated
semi-automatically from the OCLC CORC database.  Although the pathfinder is
crude and incomplete, it was also made without much effort on my part.

     There are quite a few digital maps of New York State that are not yet in
the pathfinder (including some from the Library of Congress and my own
institution).  I plan to add them to the pathfinder and, if necessary, to the
CORC database as time permits.  If any of you know of additional maps that
should be added to the pathfinder--especially if they are not from major digital
collections--please let me know about them.

     The URL for the pathfinder is: <http://www.sunysb.edu/libmap/nypath1.htm>.
There is also a link to it from the bottom of my "New York State Historical
Maps" site <http://www.sunysb.edu/libmap/nymaps.htm>.