NYHIST-L Archives

January 2002

From:
Bob Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 07:44:35 -0500
Oil industry in New York, if we are referring to drilling, is mainly Chautauqua County, not so far from Titusville, PA. There are still some stripper wells operating there - you can see them as you drive north to Mayville from Route 17.

>>> [log in to unmask] 12/31/01 10:51AM >>>
I wrote to Kevin and suggested the idea of Monarch as a brand name. He's
adament that it is a place name in NY and wrote to me that it is supposedly
near the PA border as a g grandfather worked there in the "oil industry" so
I pointed out that there IS a Monarch, PA, though it is in Fayette County
and not near the NY border....