From:
"Marjorie R. Oi" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 16:13:03 -0400
I can't tell you exactly where the prison is, but the Chemung County
Historical Society has info on it.  They have published articles about it in
their journal and I think there is a book as well as any material that may be
available from the society.  I believe there is a section in Woodlawn
Cemetery where many of the prisoners were buried and that records may exist
showing the location of individual graves, but I am not sure of that.  The
society's address is:
415 E. Water St.
Elmira, NY 14901
607-734-4167
Non-members may do research there for a small fee and they do like to have
researchers contact them in advance, particularly if you are researching a
special subject.  I have done research there on my family and found them very
helpful.  Good luck in your search.  Marjorie