NYHIST-L Archives

September 2001

From:
"John E. Buchanan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 23:37:56 -0400
I think some of the most interesting graffiti I have seen is in the choir
loft of Bruton Parish Church in Williamsburg, VA.  Are the initials "TJ"
carved into the bench in the loft worth preserving as history?  I believe so
since they have been authenticated as Thomas Jefferson's from when he was a
student at William & Mary.