NYHIST-L Archives

July 2014

From:
Robert Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2014 21:47:32 -0400
HERKIMER — The archaeological dig is continuing at the Herkimer County
Historical Society, but visitors can already view some of the
findings.

“We're finding medicine bottles from Dr. Suiter, some intact and some
broken. We also found an early soap dispenser on a little stand that
swivels — it still had soap in it,” said Executive Director Sue
Perkins. “We found an N.A. White stoneware jug from Utica. This was
all in the well.”

Dr. A. Walter Suiter, a prominent resident and physician, used what is
now the Historical Society museum as an office and library in the late
19th and early 20th centuries.

<http://www.littlefallstimes.com/article/20140728/NEWS/140729472>

--
Bob Sullivan