NYHIST-L Archives

October 2005

From:
Jeremy Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:01:53 -0400
Hi,
  I was wondering if anyone on the list has any info about the old
Athens ferry- my great uncle worked on it, but I am having trouble
finding any info about it.  I am also interested in the freighter "Storm
King" that was part of the Catskill Evening Line.  The pilot house sits
on my parents' farm, where it was used during WWII to look for enemy
aircraft.  Unfortunately it has fallen apart over the years...  I know
that the remains of the hull sit near the boat launch in Coxsackie.  I
am primarily looking for old photos, postcards, and other historical
information.   If anyone knows of any good sources, please let me know.
Also, are there any other email lists I should try?
   Finally, I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the old boats
that can be seen along the Athens waterfront? Some of them look like
barges, but again, I have not really been able to find any information
about them.

Any suggestions, information, or assistance with any of the above would
be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jeremy

http://jeremyjtaylor.tripod.com *Updated September 2005*  "We do not
inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children."
~Native American Proverb