NYHIST-L Archives

November 2001

From:
Phil Lord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 08:52:59 -0500
Normally I don't post incoming general requests, but this one I think warrants our attention. If anyone can help this person, please email him directly (do not reply to the whole list unless you want to) by using his email address at the end of this message.

Phil Lord

(Incoming message follows)

My name is Martin Rahmberg and i am  writing to you from Sweden ,Europe.
I will soon come to my question but first some background.
In winter 2000 i got the chance to run a hotel in the south of sweden.
The hotel is called "hotel Buena Vista" and is a really nice place.
The house  was from the start a private villa and was built in 1906.
Then rebuilt to a modern hotel in 1991.
Now to the interesting things.
The man who once built this house was called Mr John Francis Anderson.
A swede who been all over the world and working as a engineer.He mostly
built thing in water like lighthouses and harbors.He did also bulid alot of
railroads especially in the US,at least so i have learned.It is said that he
was well reputated in america and the government use him often as a
contractor when it came to build bridges and railroads etc.
 He had a engineering firm called Anderson & Barr in New York and they did
togheter alot for the US government at least so i have read but i dont have
any real facts.
I am trying to locate him to see if the things i have read is true.I am
looking for facts.
He had a firm in New york Called Anderson & Barr. An engineer firm which did
alot of buildings for the US government.I have read that he built the
washintonbridge and he built a giant tunnel i brooklyn.There is some more
examples.
Here in Sweden he goes under the name of Cuba-Anderson.He lived a few years
in cuba.
Thera a story when he was living in Detroit.there was this "Crazy man" who
were seeking money for a spectacular project.
He was going to start manufacture cars in big numbers and now he was seeking
fianacial help.
he met Mr Anderson who lend him 5000 dollars.I guess if its true He got his
money back with interest because the crazy man`s name was : MR Henry FORD!!!
wow...great uh?
soo you see there is a lot to search for.
I wonder is there any chance of you helping me in any way?
where to go next in finding this Mr Anderson?
I would appriciate any help

Many thanks
Martin Rahmberg