From:
Judy Hohmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 11:33:54 -0400
You may be interested to know that Lonnie Speer, author of "Portals to Hell: The Military Prisons of the Civil War," spoke about the Elmira prison at a New York State Archives symposium on June 11-12. He can be reached at [log in to unmask]

>>> J C <[log in to unmask]> 06/18 4:09 PM >>>
I've heard of a Civil War POW camp near Elmira, where the conditions were
worse than Andersonville. I might be heading up that way soon. Can anyone
tell me where it was exactly, if it still exists, etc. Thank you.