NYHIST-L Archives

April 2001

From:
carol kammen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 18:05:01 -0700
Dear Les and Karen and Leigh and Laura and Geri, and Cory, and Hugh,
and Annette and R. Miner, and Wayne and M. Riley and all the others
of you who have helped with the problem of ice harvesting.

        I appreciate all the aid:  there are books out there you have
mentioned and in addition D. Boorstin begins Vol. 2 of The americans
with a discussion of the economic importance of ice harvesting to New
England.
        Many of the books will be helpful, but especially Farmer Boy
which will be easy for the teacher to come by.
        There are any number of ice harvest festivals around the
state and I received a number of memoirs of ice harvesting.  It is
interesting how this topic touches people with such fond memoires.

        You are all just great!  Thank you.

        carol