NYHIST-L Archives

May 2000

From:
Brian Keough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 15:00:03 -0400
Brian,

In this case, the databases you searched are only for the particular
collections of the Library of Congress, New State Archives, National
Archives etc and will not tell what is available nationwide. If you are
searching for primary sources, regardless of where they are, you should use
the national bibliographic databases that archivists use to describe their
holdings such as RLIN, Archives USA, OCLC, or NUCMC. Most libraries provide
online access to these databases including here at the SUNY Albany. Go to
my web page at http://www.albany.edu/library/divs/speccoll/resources.htm
and click on "archival resource links" for links to these sources. Some may
have restrictions to SUNY Albany faculty and students, although your
university should have access.

I searched RLIN and found these citations for Henry Warner Slocum.