NYHIST-L Archives

April 2001

From:
Chris Andrle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Andrle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 20:40:50 -0400
It is a flagpole, I believe, though usually a very large one, and usually
erected in a public place where July 4th celebrations and other civic events
are held. Buffalo had a liberty pole up until not too many years ago, I'm
not sure exactly when. There has been talk recently of erecting a new one as
part of a waterfront redevelopment proposal.

Chris Andrle