NYHIST-L Archives

February 1998

From:
Phil Lord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 15:47:12 -0500
It is hard to say without seeing these items whether it is worth your
trouble to pass them along, but I am a;lways gald for anything relating to
the topic. The search I am focusing on now is traffic from Schenectady
on the inland waterways to Oswego, after 1790 and before 1820. The
least collected part of that period is after 1800 and before 1815. I know
there must have been shipping for the war effort, and I have a few
fragments of data, but I have not yet had the time to push the collection in
this area. Anything you wish to share would be great.

Phil Lord
Historical Survey
New York State Museum