NYHIST-L Archives

December 2002

Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:09:19 -0500
I forwarded the message from Linda Norris to several others
who are not on this list and ask that they send names and info
directly to Linda but one sent some to me. Thought I would pass
these onto this list as we learn from the contributions.

Rod Serling was from Binghamton, Broome, NY

Ed Link was another Binghamton person who invented
the Link Trainer which pilots were trained in. He also invented
a diving bell. His accomplishments were many but these were
among the top.

JD Rockefeller was born in Richford, Tioga, NY

Thomas Watson of IBM was born in Chemung Co., NY