NYHIST-L Archives

May 1997

From:
Thomas Ruller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 05 May 1997 09:35:51 -0400
Just a quick test to make sure that the listproc server is running.  If
anyone receives this message by accident please delete it.

Thanks.

Tom Ruller
NYSARA
From [log in to unmask] Wed May  7 23:44:33 1997
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 21:17:31 -0500
To: [log in to unmask]
From: David Minor <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: A New York question
Cc: [log in to unmask]
content-length: 762

I don't know of such a reference; how about someone out there on the list?

David Minor

>From: [log in to unmask]
>Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 17:05:34 -0400 (EDT)
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: A New York question
>
>David,
>
>I have reached the point where I depend on your New York knowledge.  So, a
>question---
>
>Might you know of any book on members of the bar within the State of New York
>where I might find details on an attorney from the mid-1800's.
>
>I have hopes to find some details, biographical, in nature on a Smith Edward
>Lane who had offices at 169 Broadway in New York City in 1862; he lived at 8
>Charlton.
>
>djweber

David Minor
Eagles Byte Historical Research
Rochester, New York
716 264-0423

http://home.eznet.net/~dminor

What about the NY State Bar Association??

Shirley