NYHIST-L Archives

October 1998

From:
philip terrie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
philip terrie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 16:21:59 -0400
Does "Moreland Commission" have some special meaning in New York politics?
I've been poking around in the on-line catalog for the NY State Archives,
and I've run across several different commissions called "Moreland
Commission," yet they were apparently set up to investigate quite
different things: alcoholic beverage control laws, e.g., or welfare, or
official corruption.  Is there some specific act called the Moreland Act,
under which such commissions are established?

tnx,
phil

Philip G. Terrie, Director
American Culture Studies