NYHIST-L Archives

October 1999

From:
John Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 08:54:05 -0400
Nice reply, it's about time we read content and not conspiratorial
imagination of presumed intentions. I personally love to stop with my
family to read all the markers we pass as we travel through our country.
The local and historical content are very interesting and has on many
occasions helped my teenage children build linkage to educational
material taught in the school system. We live in Connecticut but
recently we vacationed in Wyoming. They saw the Oregon Trail and could
see the ruts left by the wagons and this came to life with the road side
markers with local history tied to the trail.

Thanks again for helping to set the record straight.

John Coleman
Cheshire, CT