NYHIST-L Archives

July 1999

From:
Annette Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 08:45:53 -0400
In 1982 the Hotchkiss Essential Oil Co. was sold to William Leman, Inc.
of Bremen, Indiana.  Anne D. Hotchkiss remained as President of the
original H.G. Hotchkiss Co. which was then a branch of Leman until her
retirement in 1984.  Miss Hotchkiss is still very much alive and will be
the grand marshall for the Peppermint Days parade.  The building which
was given to the County (Wayne) is now leased to the Lyons Heritage
Society.  The building will be open on Saturday, July 17 from 10 a.m.
until 4:00.  It is pretty much in the same state as when Miss Hotchkiss
retired.  The building is also on the National Register of Historic
places.
As a trustee of the Lyons Heritage Society, I will try to answer any
questions either on the list or to my e-mail address noted above.