NYHIST-L Archives

August 1997

From:
Jim Corsaro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 11:41:32 -0900
I grew up in Niagara Falls, and when I was a kid, the school was
known as the Deveaux School and was not an orphanage, but a school for
the "rich kids," that is, a school for well-to-do boys; no girls.It
closed sometime in the 60s or 70s and I believe it is now an art gallery.

Hope this helps.

                        Jim Corsaro

James Corsaro
Associate Librarian