NYHIST-L Archives

November 1999

Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 08:37:52 EST
I am making this inquiry on behalf of a member of the New York Correction
History Society who is not a subscriber to this list.  I will pass along to
him any and all responses.

The member is doing research for an article he is writing about the youngest
person ever executed in America. His research so far indicates that person
was a 14 year old in South Carolina executed in 1946. He asks whether there
is there any way to confirm this. The researcher also wonders about who was
the youngest ever executed in his own state, New York, and specifically, the
youngest ever executed at Sing Sing?

The member on whose behalf this inquiry is made works in law enforcement and
also does freelance writing.  His articles have been published in various
general audience publications and professional journals.

Thomas McCarthy
general secretary
New York Correction History Society
http://www.correctionhistory.org

NYC Dept. of Correction
director of editorial/communication services

212 266 1016 voice
212 266 1597 fax