NYHIST-L Archives

July 2000

From:
Peter Eisenstadt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 12:09:42 -0400
Another general work on New York State history will be The Encyclopedia of
New York State, currently scheduled for publication in the fall of 2002 by
Syracuse University Press. This will be the first comprehensive encyclopedia
ever published on New York State, and it will distill the work of many of
the leading scholars of New York State history. To complete the
Encyclopedia, we are relying of hundreds of historians and students of the
state. If you are interested enough in New York State history to be reading
this, you are a potential author for the Encyclopedia. While we wait for the
Milton Klein et al. volume to appear, we encourage all scholars of the state
to participate in what will be another landmark event in the historiography
of the state. For those not familiar with the project, please check out our
website at http://encyclopedianys.syr.edu/

Peter Eisenstadt, Editor