NYHIST-L Archives

August 1998

From:
Edwin Burrows <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 13:54:48 -0400
Sara Gronim is almost certainly correct, although before his death the
senior Colden was often identified as a key figure in various plans to
corrupt leading patriots. In addition to Alice M. Keys biography, reprinted
in 1967, there's a good essay on him in Robert Mc. Calhoon's study, _The
Loyalists in Revolutionary America_ (1973) and an article by Carole Shammas
in NYHSQ 53 (1969). As for CC II,  check out Eugene Fingerhut's 1983 bio.
(I'm unclear as to whether this is the same CC II Bragdon was writing
about. Anyone know?)

Ted Burrows
Department of History
Brooklyn College