NYHIST-L Archives

February 2000

From:
Newspaper Annie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 11:20:09 -0800
In the limited bit of research I've been able to do
lately, I've come across several things that mention
the fact that most of the boroughs in New York City
after the 1898 consolidation were not connected by
bridges to each other or to Manhattan. My question is,
how did they travel between boroughs? Ferries and the
like? Did some of the elevated trains span the rivers?

Thanks for your help.
Rachel H.