NYHIST-L Archives

March 2003

From:
"Christine L. Ridarsky" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:29:15 -0500
I'm don't know much about boxing, but boxing champ Carmen Basilio lives in
Rochester (actually, I think it's Irondequoit). I'm not sure how old he is,
but he's up there and may have some recollections of Schmeling. Basilio is
from Canastota, home of the Boxing Hall of Fame, so if you can't find him
listed in the phone book, the Hall of Fame can probably help track him down.
He might at least be able to refer you to someone else.

Christine L. Ridarsky
Regional Archivist
Documentary Heritage Program
Rochester Regional Library Council