NYHIST-L Archives

July 2000

From:
Amanda Baltz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 11:02:59 EDT
    Hello, I am searching for where in the Buffalo NY area I can try to
obtain old orphange records.  My husband's grandfather lived in a orphanage
from 1909-1923.....Does anyone know if these records would still exist?  I
don't know the name of the orphanage but would like to try to locate the
orphanage in order to get the records.   I do though have a listing of
orphanages that existed in 1905 to go by with a small number of about 20.   I
have contacted the Children's Aid Society of New York in New York City and
they refered me to the Children's Aid Society of Erie which at the address
they gave me no longer exists.  If anyone has a clue for me, please let me
know at   [log in to unmask]     Thanks, Amanda Baltz