NYHIST-L Archives

July 1999

From:
Hugh Mac Dougall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 23:19:12 -0400
The USGS (United States Geological Survey) list of geographic names, at
 <http://www-nmd.usgs.gov/www/gnis/gnisform.html>
came up with nothing for "Argo" or "Argo Village" in New York.

This is often a very good site to search for current place names (whether
of populated places, geographic features, historic names, etc.) anywhere in
the US, and often comes up with detailes information not to mention
detailed maps.

Hugh C. MacDougall
Secretary/Treasurer
James Fenimore Cooper Society
8 Lake Street, Cooperstown, NY 13326-1016
<http://library.cmsu.edu/cooper/cooper.htm>