NYHIST-L Archives

May 2003

From:
Douglas Treado <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 09:22:29 -0400
When you say you are "taking interesting articles from 10-12 newspapers," do
you mean you are "taking" them off of microfilm or from the original
newspapers?  This is confusing.
Also, if you are "taking" these articles from a copyrighted microfilm (now
owned by UMI or some other company), you may have a problem creating a
scrapbook of selected articles.  And what do you intend to do with this
newly created scrapbook?  Publish it and sell copies?
II think your project needs more clarification concerning possible copyright
infringement.