NYHIST-L Archives

July 2002

From:
NYHISTLED <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 09:01:22 -0400
[Message forwarded to NYHIST-L]

List,
I will give you an example of what happens when you sell the farm in total.
We have a Dutch barn here in Herkimer County that was built by a person who as a boy was captured and taken to Canada and later returned to grow up marry, etc. His barn now sits about 30 to 40 feet from the graves of him and his two wives (at separate times). The party that bought the farm from his heirs built a new Italianate house and did not want the barn sitting across
the road so they moved it  down hill from the house right next to the cemetery. The present owner found the grave stones by accident as they had been laid over and covered up.

Rolland Miner
Director
New World Dutch Barn Survey 2000
http://nwdb2000.homestead.com/home.html