NYHIST-L Archives

March 2005

From:
John Isaksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Mar 2005 07:07:47 -0500
The Erie Lackawanna Dining Car Preservation Society is a nonprofit
historical and educational organization, whose mission is to preserve the
dining car and passenger train experience on the Erie Lackawanna Railroad
and its predecessors through the purchase and restoration of existing Erie
Lackawanna passenger equipment.

For detailed information on our organization and our activities, please
visit our website at:

http://www.eldcps.org

Recently, the ELDCPS entered into an agreement with American Orient Express
to purchase the former Delaware, Lackawanna and Western Railroad dining car
470.  This is one of the dining cars built for the 1949 launch of
the "Phoebe Snow", the DL&W's premier passenger train on its Hoboken, NJ-
Scranton, PA-Buffalo, NY route.

Information on the car, as well as information on how to support
its acquisition can be found on our website at:

http://www.eldcps.org/equipment/470.html

Best Regards,