NYHIST-L Archives

November 2001

From:
Don Rittner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 21:13:48 -0500
Since we have been on the roll regarding microfilm (sorry), I wonder if
anyone has any experience with buying microfilm cameras on Ebay.  I noticed
every once in a while they show up.  For those of you who shoot the stuff,
can you control the quality of the output?  Perhaps instead of mass produced
microfilming by camera places, if smaller jobs were done the final product
would be better, no?

and..... does anyone know if the major NYS cities have their 19th century
census available on microfilm?  I'm looking for Troy and Albany.
dr