NYHIST-L Archives

November 2003

From:
NWDB2000 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:17:13 -0500
List,
Dragon Speak does require a  large amount of  RAM and does require a good
deal of time to gain recognition.  As someone mentioned it requires you to
add your own dictionary of terms outside of the normal.  I can vouch for its
being able to learn technical terms related to whatever your endeavor is.
It learned words like verdiepingh, anchorbeam, purlin and trunnel.  However
it is only about 90% accurate on a good day.  If you have a cold or do not
get the mike in the correct position it will ask you to repeat the word or
will get it wrong.

All that being said I thought the question was in regard to a digital
recorder that would transfer to word processing.  You might need more than
$500.00 for that device.  I haven't tried to teach my Dragon Speak to listen
to my digital recorder but it is a thought.

Rolland Miner
Director
New World Dutch Barn Survey 2000
E-mail: [log in to unmask]