From:
Vicki Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 12:17:41 -0400
Andrea -

Have you done a search in the RLIN (Research Libraries Information Network) database? The URL is http://lcweb.loc.gov/z3950/rlinamc.html and has listings for manuscript collections in many, many repositories in New York State as well as around the country.

>>> "Lazarski, Andrea" <[log in to unmask]> 06/16 11:37 AM >>>
Dear Colleagues,

The NYS Commission on the Restoration of the Capitol is trying to update our
collection of historic photographs, stereo views and other interior and
exterior images of the Capitol.  In 1979, the Commission began an exhaustive
research effort that culminated in an Historic Structure Report, followed by
The Master Plan for the New York State Capitol.  At that time numerous
institutions, large and small, were contacted to determine if they held any
images of the Capitol.  We were successful in locating many items, including
construction photographs, some stereo views, architectural drawings,
postcards, and both amateur and professional photographs.

Since 20 years have passed, we are again asking historical societies,
libraries and other institutions if they have recently acquired any
photographs, stereo views, postcards or other images of the Capitol.  We
would like to enhance our collection to continue to document the on-going
restoration efforts in the Capitol and to better understand the decorative
finishes, furniture, window treatments, carpeting and floor finishes that
were used over the past 100 years.  We would appreciate learning if you have
any historic images of the New York State Capitol.

Thank you for your assistance.

Andrea J. Lazarski
Executive Director