NYHIST-L Archives

January 1998

From:
Sue Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 1998 10:37:57 -0500
I have a map showing sites/routes covering Seneca Lake - Cayuga Lake that
area.  I also have a thesis written regarding the Underground R.R. in the
area and other information.  I will have to go through the files but I need
to know who to directly contact to send the information to via Snail Mail
and there will be a cost for the copying.  Thanks Sue Thompson - Enfield
Town Historian

At 01:00 PM 12/29/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Listservers:
>
>I have an enquiry from someone looking for a map of the underground
>railroad in NYS. This person wants something showing the routes and
>possibly sites of udg. rr locations. I know of no such map, but there may
>be one, so does anyone know of a map?
>
>Aside from the fact that many (the majority?) of the sites claimed to be
>underground rr. places are probably mythical or family traditions about an
>old root cellar, we do know that the railroad existed in NYS and perhaps
>some historian/geographer has made a map showing the major routes. Anyone
>know??
>
>Thanks.
>

>                                Jim Corsaro

Sue Thompson
Administrative Assistant II
Department of Fruit and Vegetable Science
Plant Science Building 147B
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853

mailto:[log in to unmask]
phone - 607-255-7889
fax - 607-255-0599
http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/sdt1/
http://www.fvs.cornell.edu
Enfield, New York Town Historian - 2726412

May I be at Peace.  May my heart remain open. May I awaken to the light of
own true nature. May I be healed.  May I be a source of healing for all
beings.