NYHIST-L Archives

October 2002

From:
HistorianCindyA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 18:59:35 -0400
Judy,
I've been looking for trails myself. I found a copy of Thirteenth annual report of the American Foreign Anti-slavery Society 1853, if thats any help. It had lots of tidbits on local stuff. Its at the Michigan MOA site.
http://moa.umdl.umich.edu/
Its in the books section, (type in Anti-slavery society)and is under Christian Pamphlets vol. 1.
Collection:  Making of America Books
Text ID:  BAC1398.0001.001
Title:  [Christian pamphlets. Vol.1]

Its 200+ pages and the index is in the back.  There is a handy pull down menu to get to the page you want. Every religious denomination had something to say. The index also has publications, escapes, lots of good reading.
The footnotes also reference other books or journals to look for.
--
Cindy Amrhein
Town of Alabama Historian