NYHIST-L Archives

March 2000

Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 13:11:48 -0600
If he was writing from around Philadelphia, the reference could have been to
the community known now as Plymouth Meeting in Whitemarsh Township or
Plymouth Township itself.  These communities are east of Norristown and
Valley Forge, basically on the route Washington's troops took to Valley
Forge while fleeing north west on Germantown Pike after losing the Battle of
Germantown.