NYHIST-L Archives

September 2001

From:
Phil Lord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 12:26:40 -0400
To the list,

I am forwarding this for anyone who has information. We cannot find the marker in our database.

"I am looking for information on a marker that was brought to
the attention of my grandfather by a Boy Scout leader who was on an
excursion. The details that he gave were few, but he noted that the marker
in question was found when on trip to Rome, New York. The specific area of
this marker was around the Oriskany Oneida Castle at Johnson Hall near
Herkimer. This historical marker was commemorating a military event/issue
(maybe Revolutionary War?) and the man's last name associated with the event
had the surname Cubbage."

Philip Lord, Jr.
Director, Division of Museum Services
New York State Museum