NYHIST-L Archives

October 1999

From:
TJ Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 12:43:37 -0700
The court entry represents part of the copyright process for the statute then
in force requiring a filing in a federal district court.

Contact your nearest federal district court to inquire into the citation for
the description of the boundaries of the southern district at the time of your
interest. Or you can go to your nearest law library and pull down a federal
reporter from the era and read the description there.

The Southern District is a federal district, akin to the Western District, for
example. It has no relation to the City of New York.

Professor T. J. Davis, Ph.D., J.D.
Department of History           College of Law
Arizona State University        Arizona State University
Box 872501                      Box 877906
Tempe   AZ  85287-2501          Tempe   AZ 85287-7906
VOX:    (480) 965-4931          (480) 965-6847
FAX:    (480) 965-0310          (480) 965-2427

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Daniel H. Weiskotten wrote:

> Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 18:48:54 -0400
> From: "Daniel H. Weiskotten" <[log in to unmask]>

     history." <[log in to unmask]>