NYHIST-L Archives

April 1998

From:
Kim Harris Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 19:19:07 -0400
At 04:05 PM 4/21/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I am trying to locate a list of soldiers who died in World War II that
> were from Long Island.  I need all branches of the military (army, navy,
> marines, coast guard) and, if possible, what town on Long Island they
> were from.  I would appreciate any leads to an existing list or any
> advice as to how to go about compiling this list.  Thank you.
>
>Gina Martorella
>Researcher--Newsday
>Long Island: Our Story

Gina,

Have you visited the Nassau County NYGenweb site?

It is located at: http://www.aplusdata.com/nassau/index.cfm

They host a mailing list specifically for LI researchers, and have
the names and addresses posted there of historical societies
and libraries that might have the information you seek.

I know that they would also be interested in the results of
your research, too.

Kim Harris Myers
http://www.rootsweb.com/~nygenweb NYGenweb Coordinator
http://www.rootsweb.com/~nycattar Cattaraugus Co, NY