NYHIST-L Archives

December 1998

NYHIST-L@LISTSERV01P.NYSED.GOV

From:
Fletcher Blanchard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 22:55:30 -0500
I am looking for information about Henry C. Ritchie of Galway, Saratoga
County, NY.  Mr. Ritchie prepared a set of documents which have recently
been transferred from the New York State Archives to the Saratoga County
Historian's Office in Ballston Spa. These "Ritchie Papers" consist
of a large
collection of forms that he prepared, on which were entered various bits
of information about families who resided in Saratoga County, up to
the early
1950s. The information came from many sources, some are noted and many
are not.

In order to make these documents more useful to the historical and
genealogical communities, Heritage Hunters of Saratoga, NY will be
working with the Historian's Office to publicize and possibly
publish some
form of Mr. Ritchie's papers. Microfilm copies of these papers, at
the NYS
Library, are very weak due to the nature of the original handwritten
records.

With that as a background, I would like to learn more about Mr.
Ritchie, his
occupation, how he happened to prepare these papers, etc. This
information
will be used in preparing announcements about the availability of
his papers
at the Saratoga County Historian's Office. Thanks for you help.
    Fletcher