NYHIST-L Archives

December 1999

Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 07:36:55 -0500
Hi all, while I respectfully disagree with the assessments of the PBS NYC series
- I found it cogent and compelling and excellent entertainment, and in line with
the superb work done by PBS which is why I believe we should all support them to
the hilt, with $ whenever possible, and as for FDR, bring him on! - I'm struck by
the fact that all the opinions cited above - my own included - are subjective.
The cross-poster of the Ken Follett material may have inadvertently gotten a fact
wrong.

Follett is English.  He's a visible supporter of the current English government
(Tony Blair and New Labor) and his wife is a prominent British politician and is
not likely to be from NJ  (albeit recalling Lady Astor, that's possible).  Much
less likely, however, is that she's living anywhere in the States now or in the
recent past.  I expect this is someone with a same name and regulars on the list
to which he belongs may well know as much.

No harm done certainly, but since it appeared that the poster chose to cross-post
on the strength of the Follett name it may be of interest.

Beverly Martin