NYHIST-L Archives

May 2000

From:
Brian Melton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 May 2000 08:22:27 -0700
Greetings all,

I'm currently researching Gen. Henry Warner Slocum for my
Master's thesis and hopefully a book manuscript.  I would
be very grateful if there is anyone out there who could
give me a hand with sources, particularly primary ones.  I
will gladly give credit where it is due, especially if the
documents are particularly good.

So far I've searched the databases of the Library of
Congress, New York Archives, National Archives, etc. but
primary sources seem to be scant.  I've also obtained the
only two books that I know of written on Slocum (In
Memoriam... and The Life and Services...).  My great hope
here is that someone will know of letters or papers that
might not appear in national databases.

Thanks,
Brian C. Melton

http://homepages.go.com/~helms_deep/index.html

"It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."