NYHIST-L Archives

December 1998

NYHIST-L@LISTSERV01P.NYSED.GOV

From:
Kim Harris Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 21:17:02 -0500
I hope you will all allow me a little leeway here, because
I am about to mention the "G" word <g>. Genealogy, which
is not technically history, but since the History Net homepage
has given the NYGenweb Project such a nice blurb on their
site I thought I'd risk it (see below)

>The fine, hard-working and dedicated people of the NYGenWeb Project
>are the ones you  need to contact. They have assigned each
>county in the state to a webmaster. Check  them out. The GenWeb Project is
>probably putting more historical data on the web than
>   any other group.

The NYGenweb Project is in need of several people to
webmaster counties. The following counties are available
for adoption:

Bronx
Franklin
Kings
Putnam
Queens
Richmond

These counties all have accounts on the rootsweb server, so server
space is not a problem. What we are looking for from a webmaster
is someone who will further develop an existing website (or start one
from scratch if you so desire), to add historical and genealogical
data that will be of value to researchers. These would include, but
not be limited to: cemetery records, census records, civil war information,
and local resources to name a few.

If you have an interest in this, please contact me at [log in to unmask]

Thanks so much for your patience, (and I hope your interest).

Kim Harris Myers

http://www.rootsweb.com/~nygenweb NYGenweb Coordinator
http://www.rootsweb.com/~nycattar Cattaraugus Co, NY
http://www.rootsweb.com/~idlemhi Lemhi Co, Idaho

NE & NC Region SC rep USGenweb Advisory Board

Visit the December County of the Month:
Oneida County: http://www.rootsweb.com/~nyoneida