NYHIST-L Archives

April 2000

From:
AW & LE Hendrix <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 22:00:25 -0400
Schoharie County, New York is comprised of 16 towns, each one is served by
at least 4 post offices, quite a few from outside the county. My favorite is
the town of Carlisle - serviced by 8, Carlisle is one, and one is Sprakers,
Montgomery County. The Town of Gilboa has a post office, but gets mail from
2 inside the county and one Stamford, Deleware county. Neighboring
Conesville has no post office and all but a small partion of the town is
served by Gilboa, the rest Preston Hollow, Albany County. I work in the
Board of Elections and new residents are really confused. I can see why.
Anne Hendrix