NYHIST-L Archives

October 2000

From:
Sandy Parks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 11:45:36 -0400
I'm a writer living in Florida and have been attempting to do some
research on New York City during the American Revolution.   I'm looking
for direction to a few good books/microfilm that can be borrowed through
the library systems.  Particular questions and topics I'm searching for
are:
1. diary of life in New York City(both Loyalist and pro-revolution)
2. travel between NYC and the rest of America(everyday travel and
commerce)
3. counterfeiting of Continental Currency
4. any groups operating in the city like the Sons of Liberty, what they
were called, etc.
5. British rules and regulations during this time

Also I'd love to hear about any other topics you think someone writing
about in this time period should be aware of.

Thanks,

Sandy Parks