NYHIST-L Archives

November 2015

From:
"Rhodes, Gary" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 2015 15:28:43 -0800
I was disappointed that I was turned down when I applied since I was a private facility, as opposed to public. however, I think my site was kind of interesting. Starting at the south end of the property, we have the Oliver Bates Home, which is on the state and National Register. Next is our greenhouse operation, the largest in this part of the state. Then Alexander Corners Veterans and Pearl Harbor Memorial and then our General Store, where we  have one room devoted to military history and items. all for free. all because I love history, and my gggf is buried at Gettysburg, Sgt. John Stratton, and another GF, Ebnezer Sawyer, buried in Henderson threw rocks apparently at the British at the battle of Bunker HIll. (Breeds Hill)It took many   many months to finally be told no, I would not be part of the path. Orson Pratt was married on our property and likely in the house..

Gary L Rhodes
Henderson, NY